B2 Visa

Frequently Asked Questions & Answers

11. What are the documents required for B-2 visa?

To apply for the B-2 visa, the documents required are:

  1. Nonrefundable application fee of U.S. $100
  2. A USCIS Form DS-160 completed online
  3. A passport valid for travel
  4. Two Passport style photographs 1 and 1/2 square inches
  5. Proof of financial assets
  6. House registrations, marriage certificates or wedding photos, and birth certificates to confirm family ties
  7. Evidence of your professional status, if you are a doctor, lawyer, engineer or a member of any professional association

12. Where can I apply for B-2 visa?

You may apply for the B-2 visa at the Consular Section of the American Consulate in your home country.

Check My Eligibility

13. When does an American Consulate accept B-2 tourist visa applications?

The applications for nonimmigrant visas (including visas for tourism, business and study) are accepted on all working days.

Note: You need to take prior appointment.

14. Does a B-2 visa guarantee me entry into the U.S.?

The B-2 tourist visa does not guarantee you an entry to the U.S. An officer from the USCIS will interview you when you arrive in the U.S., and determine your eligibility to enter the U.S. If in the event the officer finds you ineligible, you may be denied entry into the U.S.

15. I have a B visa in my old passport. Can I transfer it to my new passport?

It is not possible to transfer the visa from one passport to another, without making a new visa application. However, the B visa if the B visa is still valid you can present it together with your new passport when seeking entry into the US

Note: The Embassy no longer issues visas valid “indefinitely”.