E1 Treaty Trader Visa Process

Learn About E1 Treaty Trader Visa Process And E1 Visa Extension

Applying For The E1 Visa

To apply for an E1 US visa, you must first establish that the trading enterprise meets the requirements of the law. You may also be required to provide evidence demonstrating that your stay in the U.S. will be temporary.

Check My Eligibility

Your E1 US visa application must include:

  1. DOS Form DS-160, Nonimmigrant Visa Application
  2. DOS Form DS-156E, Nonimmigrant Treaty Trader / Investor Application
  3. A copy of your passport which is valid for at least six months beyond the period of stay in the U.S. and with at least one blank page
  4. Color photograph showing full face without head covering against a light background. You may wear a headdress if required by a religious order of which you are a member
  5. Proof of one year of trading activity
  6. Your curriculum vitae
  7. Evidence that you will be employed in a supervisory or executive capacity, or possess highly specialized skills essential to the efficient operation of the firm
  8. Evidence of remittance to the U.S. (bank drafts, transfers exchange permits or receipts.)
  9. Evidence of establishment of business in the U.S. (articles of incorporation, partnership agreement, organization and staffing charts, shares, titles, contracts, receipts, licenses or leases)
  10. Evidence of the nationality of the investors/traders (passports, articles of incorporation of parent company or stock exchange listings)
  11. Evidence of trade between the U.S. and the treaty country (invoices, bills of lading, customs clearances, warehouse receipts, shipping receipts, sales receipts or contracts)
  12. Evidence that the business is a real, operating enterprise (annual reports, catalogs, sales literature, news articles, and other evidence as appropriate)

Duration of Stay

The E1 US visa, initially, is generally issued for a five-year period. E1 Visa holders are generally granted 2 year of authorized stay upon entry into the U.S. You can obtain E1 status extensions for up to two years at a time from the U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS). Since there is no limit on the number of extensions you may obtain, you can stay in the U.S. indefinitely.

Spouse and Children

Spouses and/or children under the age of 21 who wish to accompany or join you in the U.S. for the duration of your stay can apply for E1 visas. Your spouse may also be eligible to take up employment during his/her stay in the U.S. by applying for an employment authorization document.

VisaPro’s Guarantee

We thoroughly review your circumstances, select appropriate visa and submit an accurate application to the necessary Government Agencies.

What VisaPro Customers Are Saying

Knowledgeable, fast, courteous, efficient are all words that describe the services I received from VisaPro. They were very helpful in all phases of the H-1B visa process and they got it right the first time. I have tried other Visa services, but VisaPro is the best by far. VisaPro is the only way to go!"

Get a Free Visa Assessment

Trust Symbol