E1 Visa

Frequently Asked Questions & Answers

6. How do I apply for extension of stay on E-1 visa?

To apply for E-1 extension you must submit Form I-129, Petition for Nonimmigrant Worker, along with E supplement, and Form I-539, Application to Extend or Change Status, for accompanying relatives. Along with it you must submit:

  1. A copy of your Form I-94 Arrival-Departure document
  2. A copy of original Form I-797, Notice of Action, if your status was previously approved or extended in the U.S.
  3. A copy of your complete passport including the E-1 visa
  4. A letter from your employer stating that your extension is required
  5. A copy of your personal and U.S. business income tax returns for the past two years, including payroll tax returns

7. Can I revalidate my E-1 visa?

No, you may not apply for visa revalidation of your E-1 visa by mail without leaving the U.S.

Check My Eligibility

8. Can I change status while on E-1 visa?

Yes, you may apply for change of status while on E-1 visa. You must submit Form I-129, Petition for Nonimmigrant Worker, or Form I-539 Application to Extend/Change Nonimmigrant status, indicating your change of status with appropriate supporting documents

9. Are there any travel restrictions on E-1 visa?

No, there are no travel restrictions on E-1 visa. You may travel as many number of times as required before the expiry of your E-1 status. The USCIS does not impose any time limit on your stay abroad.

10. Can I study on E-1 visa?

Yes, you may study on E-1 visa. However, you may not join full-length study programs. You may take up a few credits at a university provided they do not harm the primary interest of your visa.