O1 Visa

Frequently Asked Questions & Answers

6. Can I study on O-1 work visa?

Yes, you may engage in part-time study while on O status.

7. Are there any travel restrictions on O-1 visa?

No, the Department of State does not impose any restrictions on the number of times you may travel in and out of the U.S.

Check My Eligibility

8. How can I obtain an O-1 visa?

Your prospective employer or agent must first receive an approved O petition with the USCIS, after which you may apply for an O-1 visa either in your home country or a third country.

9. Is there a way to speed up the O-1 visa application process?

Yes, the USCIS has instituted a program called Premium Processing. If the USCIS is paid an extra $1,410 on a separate check, the USCIS guarantees it will adjudicate the petition in 15 days or notify you if more evidence is needed.

10. What is the advisory opinion required for O-1 petition?

Prior to filing the O-1 petition with the USCIS, you must obtain an advisory opinion from an appropriate consulting entity, such as a peer group, labor organization, or management organization. The advisory opinion is to state whether you qualify as an alien of extraordinary ability and whether such extraordinary abilities are required for the activities to be undertaken by you.