P1 Visa

Frequently Asked Questions & Answers

1. What is a P1 entertainment visa?

The P-1 entertainment visa is a nonimmigrant visa which allows foreign nationals who are athletes, artists and entertainers to enter into the U.S. for a specific event, competition or performance.

2. Who is eligible for P-1 visa?

An internationally recognized artist, entertainer, or athlete may enter into the U.S. to participate in a performance for a U.S. employer or an international employer working through a U.S. agent. The performance must require a performer of international quality.

Check My Eligibility

3. What privileges do I enjoy on P-1 visa?

On P-1 visa, you may:

  1. Enter the U.S. and perform for payment or prize money
  2. Engage in part time study
  3. Apply for visas for accompanying essential support personnel
  4. Apply for P-4 visas for your dependents

4. What are the limitations of P-1 visa?

The limitations of P-1 visa are:

  1. P-1 entertainers (though not athletes) must be performing as part of a group and not individually
  2. P-1 visa petitions cannot be approved until the appropriate labor organization is consulted by the USCIS
  3. You may work for multiple employers, however, each employer must file a separate Form I-129
  4. Dependents are allowed to stay in the U.S. with you, but may not work

5. How long can I stay in the U.S. on P-1 work visa?

You may be allowed to stay in the U.S. for up to five years with extensions not to exceed a total stay of ten years.