The P2 visa is available to artists and entertainment groups, and their support personnel for entering the U.S. to perform under a reciprocal exchange program between the U.S. and the foreign country.
VisaPro’s experienced immigration attorneys will prepare and file all the required documents for artists, entertainers under a reciprocal exchange program and U.S. companies applying for the P2 visa.
P2 Visa Eligibility – It Is Suitable For:
- Artists entering the U.S. through a government recognized reciprocal exchange program
- Entertainment troupes or bands entering the U.S. through a government recognized reciprocal exchange program
- Support personnel of P2 visa holders
- U.S. agents and companies to bring artists and entertainers under a reciprocal exchange program to tour the U.S. or participate in events
P2 Visa Benefits
- Your dependents can stay with you as long as you maintain your P2 status. They can also attend school
- You can freely travel in and out of the U.S. provided you have a valid visa
P2 Visa Requirements
To qualify for a P2 visa, the following requirements must be fulfilled:
A. Artists And Entertainers
You must be coming to the U.S. to perform as an entertainer or an artist individually or as a member of a group under a reciprocal exchange program with a U.S. based organization. You must prove that:
- An exchange program exists between the U.S. organization and the foreign organization
- The people involved in the exchange program are of equal caliber, and will be employed in similar conditions for similar periods of time
- You are highly experienced and possess skills comparable to those of U.S. entertainers or artists in the reciprocal program
- An appropriate labor organization is involved in negotiating the reciprocal exchange program
B. Essential Support Persons
The U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) makes P2 visa available also to essential support persons based on the support relationship to P2 entertainers and entertainment groups. To qualify for a P2 support person visa, you must prove that:
- You are an integral part of the performance of a P2 artist or entertainer because you perform support services which cannot be performed by U.S. workers, and which is essential to the successful performance of services, and
- You have the appropriate qualifications, knowledge and experience in providing support services to artists and entertainers
P2 Visa Notes
- To change the purpose of your visit while you are in the U.S. on a P2 visa, you must change your visa status.
- The information provided here is applicable to New P2 Visa and P2 Extension.
P2 Visa Fees
Filing Fee – Regular $460
VisaPro Processing Time4 business days
What VisaPro Customers Are Saying
Knowledgeable, fast, courteous, efficient are all words that describe the services I received from VisaPro. They were very helpful in all phases of the H-1B visa process and they got it right the first time. I have tried other Visa services, but VisaPro is the best by far. VisaPro is the only way to go!"