P3 Visa

Frequently Asked Questions

1. What is P-3 visa?

The P-3 visa is a nonimmigrant visa which allows foreign nationals to enter into the U.S. to perform, teach or coach as artists or entertainers, individually or as part of a group, under a program that is culturally unique.

2. Who is eligible for P-3 visa?

A P-3 visa classification may be accorded to artists or entertainers, individually or as a group, coming to the U.S. for the purpose of developing, interpreting, representing, coaching, or teaching a unique or traditional ethnic, folk, cultural, musical, theatrical, or artistic performance or presentation.

Further, you must be coming to the U.S. to participate in a cultural event or events which will further the understanding or development of your art form. The program may be of a commercial or noncommercial nature.

Check My Eligibility

3. What privileges do I enjoy on P-3 visa?

On P-3 visa, you may:

  1. Enter the U.S. and perform for payment or prize money
  2. Engage in part time study
  3. Apply for visas for accompanying essential support personnel
  4. Apply for P-4 visas for dependents

4. What are the limitations of P-3 visas?

The limitations of P-3 visa are:

  1. You may work only for the employer that sponsored you. If you change jobs, you must obtain a new visa
  2. P-3 visa petitions cannot be approved until the appropriate labor organization is consulted by the USCIS
  3. Receive payment for services performed
  4. Dependents are allowed to stay in the U.S. with you, however they may not work

5. How long can I stay on P-3 visa in USA?

You may stay in the U.S. for the period necessary to complete the performance or event for which you were admitted, and it may not exceed one year.