11. What are the Consultation requirements for P-3 in a culturally unique program?
Consultation with an appropriate labor organization is required for P-3 petitions involving foreign nationals in culturally unique programs. If the advisory opinion is favorable to the petitioner, it should
- Evaluate the cultural uniqueness of the P-3 artist or entertainer’s skills
- State whether the events are cultural in nature
- State whether the event or activity is appropriate for P-3 classification
Note: If the advisory opinion is not favorable to the petitioner, it must also set forth a specific statement of facts which support the conclusion reached in the opinion. In lieu of the above, a labor organization may submit a letter of no objection if it has no objection to the approval of the petition.
12. Can I bring my dependents on P-3 work visa?
Yes, you may apply for P-4 visa for your spouse and unmarried children below 21 years.
13. Can my dependents work on P-4 visa?
No, your dependents may not work on P-4 visa. They may not be employed or receive compensation from any U.S. source.
14. Can my dependants study on P-4 visa?
Yes, your dependents may engage in full time study on P-4 visa.
15. Can I apply for adjustment of status from P-3?
Yes, you may apply for adjustment of status and lawfully seek to become a legal permanent resident of the U.S.
Note: This provision does not include essential support personnel.