P3 Visa

Frequently Asked Questions

11. What are the Consultation requirements for P-3 in a culturally unique program?

Consultation with an appropriate labor organization is required for P-3 petitions involving foreign nationals in culturally unique programs. If the advisory opinion is favorable to the petitioner, it should

  1. Evaluate the cultural uniqueness of the P-3 artist or entertainer’s skills
  2. State whether the events are cultural in nature
  3. State whether the event or activity is appropriate for P-3 classification

Note: If the advisory opinion is not favorable to the petitioner, it must also set forth a specific statement of facts which support the conclusion reached in the opinion. In lieu of the above, a labor organization may submit a letter of no objection if it has no objection to the approval of the petition.

12. Can I bring my dependents on P-3 work visa?

Yes, you may apply for P-4 visa for your spouse and unmarried children below 21 years.

Check My Eligibility

13. Can my dependents work on P-4 visa?

No, your dependents may not work on P-4 visa. They may not be employed or receive compensation from any U.S. source.

14. Can my dependants study on P-4 visa?

Yes, your dependents may engage in full time study on P-4 visa.

15. Can I apply for adjustment of status from P-3?

Yes, you may apply for adjustment of status and lawfully seek to become a legal permanent resident of the U.S.

Note: This provision does not include essential support personnel.