P2 Visa

Frequently Asked Questions & Answers

6. Can I extend my stay on P-2 artist exchange visa?

Yes, you may apply for extension of stay on P-2 artist exchange visa. Extensions may be authorized in increments of one year for P-2 exchange program performers to continue or complete the same event or activity for which you were admitted.

7. Can I study on P-2 work visa?

Yes, you may engage in part time study on P-2 visa.

Check My Eligibility

8. Are there any travel restrictions on P-2 visa?

No, you may travel in and out of the U.S. as long as your visa stamp and status are valid.

9. What are the documents required for P-2 petition for exchange program performers?

The petition filed by the employer must include:

  1. A copy of the formal reciprocal exchange agreement between the U.S. organization or organizations which sponsor the foreign nationals and an organization or organizations in a foreign country which will receive the U.S. artist or entertainers
  2. A statement from the sponsoring organization describing the reciprocal exchange of U.S. artists or entertainers as it relates to the specific petition for which P-2 classification is being sought
  3. Evidence that an appropriate labor organization in the U.S. was involved in negotiating, or has concurred with, the reciprocal exchange of U.S. and foreign artists or entertainers
  4. Evidence that the foreign nationals for whom P-2 classification is being sought and the U.S. artists or entertainers subject to the reciprocal exchange agreement are artists or entertainers with comparable skills, and that the terms and conditions of employment are similar

10. Can I bring my dependents on P-2 visa?

Yes, you may apply for P-4 visa for your spouse and unmarried children below 21 years.