Call Us Today: 202-787-1944

Immigration News
Changes in immigration that impact your life.

Home  >  Immigration News  >  News Archive  >  USCIS  >  News Article

News Jump: 

USCIS’ TPS Registration Reminder to Eligible Hondurans, Nicaraguans and Salvadorans
Print This Article
Discuss This Topic
Create News Alerts
U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) today reminded Hondurans, Nicaraguans and Salvadorans, who are eligible for Temporary Protected Status (TPS), to file a re-registration application for Temporary Protected Status (TPS) before the end of the re-registration period, (Dec. 1, 2008 for Hondurans and Nicaraguans, and Dec. 30, 2008 for Salvadorans).

The 18-month extension of Temporary Protected Status (TPS) for nationals of Honduras and Nicaragua will remain in effect until July 5, 2010, and until Sept. 9, 2010 for nationals of El Salvador. Hondurans, Nicaraguans, and Salvadorans who have received Temporary Protected Status (TPS) previously must re-register for the 18-month extension during the re-registration period. Failure to file a TPS re-registration application during the re-registration period without good cause will result in withdrawal of TPS benefits, including employment authorization and protection from removal from the U.S.

Additional Filing Tips for Temporary Protected Status (TPS):
  • To apply for Temporary Protected Status (TPS) re-registration you must submit both Form I-821, Application for Temporary Protected Status, and Form I-765, Application for Employment Authorization (EAD). Both forms are available online.

  • You must file Form I-765 regardless of whether you wish to request an Employment Authorization Document (EAD). If you are not requesting an EAD, you do not need to submit a fee for Form I-765. Also, leave the boxes under the question, “I am applying for…” blank.

  • Submit the appropriate versions of the forms (use Form I-821 dated Oct. 17, 2007 or later and Form I-765 dated May 27, 2008 or later). USCIS will reject applications submitted using earlier editions of the forms.

  • Completely fill out the Temporary Protected Status (TPS) registration forms and mark all appropriate boxes. In Part 1, of Form I-821, re-registrants should mark the box for re-registration or renewal of temporary benefits.

  • Submit the appropriate fee(s) with the applications. Make the check or money order payable to the Department of Homeland Security (DHS). To request a fee waiver, you must submit a properly documented request demonstrating your inability to pay.

  • If your address changes after you file your application for re-registration, you must complete and submit a change of address form (AR-11) by mail or electronically.
To facilitate processing your address change on your Temporary Protected Status (TPS) application, you may call the USCIS National Customer Service Center at 1-800-375-5283 (TTY 1-800-767-1833) to request USCIS update your address on your application. However, you must still file a completed Form AR-11 with USCIS.

Print This Article
Discuss This Topic
Create News Alerts

Premium Processing Now Available For Certain Cap-Exempt H1B Petitions
FY 2018 H1B Cap Update: USCIS Completes Data Entry Of Petitions Selected In H1B Lottery
FY 2018 H1B Cap Update: USCIS Completes H1B Lottery
FY 2018 H1B Cap Reached!
More >>

Premium Processing Now Available For Certain Cap-Exempt H1B Petitions
Visa Bulletin June 2017: EB-1 China and EB-1 India Retrogress; EB-2 Advances Marginally for China and India
FY 2018 H1B Cap Update: USCIS Completes Data Entry Of Petitions Selected In H1B Lottery
CBP Global Entry Program Extended To Citizens of Argentina
More >>

News Jump: 

U.S. Immigration Attorney - Consult Now!

Immigration Services
  Fast, Easy and Economical Avoid Costly Immigration Errors!
Immigration Guide
 Know Your U.S. Immigration Options
Immigration Law FAQ
 Detailed Answers to Your Immigration Questions
Immigration Articles
  Interesting and Useful Articles on a Variety of Relevant Topics

How can we help you?
Receive latest immigration updates and free legal tips by e-mail. Sign up now!
Legal terms explained in plain English!
H1B Address Change of Work Locations: When Do You Have To File H1B Amended Petitions?
H1B Visa Lottery 2017: Improving Your Odds of Success
H1B Visa Cap 2017: Things You Must Know
Filing H1B Cap 2018 Petitions:How To Get A Head Start With VisaPro’s H1B Visa 2018 Timeline
H1B Cap Exempt Employers: How Do You Find Out If You Qualify?
H-1B Cap Has Reached:How Do You Hire H-1B Cap Exempt Candidates?
2018 H1B Cap Petitions:How To Properly File With USCIS
H1B Cap Exempt – Are You Eligible?
5 Common H1B Cap 2018 Filing Mistakes - How to Avoid Them
H1B Cap 2018 Filing Secrets: Why You Should Plan Now?
More Articles...

Get a detailed, written opinion online in less than 3 business days from a licensed immigration attorney.
Experienced Immigration Attorneys - Consult Online or By Telephone

Alerts & Newsletter
Create and Manage your
e-mail alerts for FREE.