Call Us Today: 202-787-1944

Immigration News
Changes in immigration that impact your life.

Home  >  Immigration News  >  News Archive  >  USCIS  >  News Article

News Jump: 

USCIS introduces online change of address
Print This Article
Discuss This Topic
Create News Alerts
U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) launched a new web-based service allowing USCIS customers to submit change of address information online.

All non-citizens in the United States are legally required to keep USCIS informed of any change of address within 10 days of their move by completing an Alien Change of Address Card (Form AR-11). Individuals with a pending immigration case should also notify USCIS of any change of address. This is to ensure that customers receive notices or decisions related to their case in a timely manner from USCIS.

USCIS processes more than one million change of address requests each year. The new online service will reduce processing time and improve customer service by providing immediate confirmation that USCIS has received the updated address information. This is the first phase of this online system. The phase two, to launch sometime in May, will include additional customer service features, including allowing applicants with a pending naturalization application to report their change of address online. Until then, those individuals should continue to contact USCIS by telephone at 1-800-375-5283 to report their change of address. USCIS will continue to accept change of address cards through the mail.

You will need the following information for the online change of address tool:
  • USCIS receipt number (If you have a pending case with USCIS),

  • New and old addresses,

  • Names and biographical information for family members for whom you have filed a petition, and

  • Date and location (port of entry) of your last entry into the United States.

Print This Article
Discuss This Topic
Create News Alerts

Change In Filing Address For Certain H-1B and H-1B1 Petitions
FY 2017 H1B Cap Update: USCIS Returns Petitions Not Selected in the H1B Lottery
Nebraska Service Center to Accept Certain H-1B1 and H1B Petitions
Form I-129 Petition Seeking Extension of Status or Change of Employer Pending for Over 210 Days: Petitioners May Now Submit Inquiries With USCIS
More >>

USCIS October 2016 Visa Bulletin Update
Visa Bulletin October 2016: EB-2 and EB-3 Priority Dates Advance For All Countries
USCIS September 2016 Visa Bulletin Update
Change In Filing Address For Certain H-1B and H-1B1 Petitions
More >>

News Jump: 

U.S. Immigration Attorney - Consult Now!

Immigration Services
  Fast, Easy and Economical Avoid Costly Immigration Errors!
Immigration Guide
 Know Your U.S. Immigration Options
Immigration Law FAQ
 Detailed Answers to Your Immigration Questions
Immigration Articles
  Interesting and Useful Articles on a Variety of Relevant Topics

How can we help you?
How do I fill Form I-129?
When do I start Green Card?

Discuss US Immigration
Receive latest immigration updates and free legal tips by e-mail. Sign up now!
Legal terms explained in plain English!
H1B Address Change of Work Locations: When Do You Have To File H1B Amended Petitions?
H1B Visa Lottery 2016: Improving Your Odds of Success
H1B Visa Cap 2016: Things You Must Know
Filing H1B Cap 2017 Petitions:How To Get A Head Start With VisaPro’s H1B Visa 2017 Timeline
H1B Cap Exempt Employers: How Do You Find Out If You Qualify?
H-1B Cap Has Reached:How Do You Hire H-1B Cap Exempt Candidates?
2017 H1B Cap Petitions:How To Properly File With USCIS
H1B Cap Exempt – Are You Eligible?
5 Common H1B Cap 2017 Filing Mistakes - How to Avoid Them
H1B Cap 2017 Filing Secrets: Why You Should Plan Now?
More Articles...

Get a detailed, written opinion online in less than 3 business days from a licensed immigration attorney.
Experienced Immigration Attorneys - Consult Online or By Telephone

Alerts & Newsletter
Create and Manage your
e-mail alerts for FREE.