The U.S. Department of State Visa Bulletin November 2015 shows significant advancement in EB-2 India, along with marginal advancement in EB-2 China, EB-3 China, EB-3 India and EB-3 Philippines.
No changes were seen in the Dates for Filing Applications chart for the employment based visa preference categories. USCIS is yet to announce which chart may be used in November 2015 for filing applications for Adjustment of Status with USCIS. Unless USCIS indicates otherwise, applicants seeking to file for adjustment of status must follow the dates in the Application Final Action Dates chart to determine when they could file their adjustment of status applications.
November 2015 Visa Bulletin Highlights
The following are the key highlights in the Application Final Action Dates chart of November 2015 Visa Bulletin:
- In the EB-2 Category for India, the cut-off date advanced significantly by 15 months, from May 1, 2005 to August 1, 2006.
- Priority date for EB-2 China advanced marginally by from January 01, 2012 to February 01, 2012.
- The EB-2 Category continues to remain Current for all countries other than India and China.
- Priority date for EB-3 India advanced to April 1, 2004 from March 8, 2004.
- In the EB-3 Professionals and Skilled Workers Category, priority date for mainland China advanced to January 1, 2012. The priority date for mainland China under the EB-3 Other Workers Category also advanced to April 1, 2006.
- EB-3 Philippines advanced from January 01, 2007 to June 15, 2007.
- EB-1 Priority Workers Category continues to remain Current for all countries.
- EB-4 Certain Special Immigrants Category continues to remain Current for all countries
About Visa Bulletin
The Department of State (DOS) publishes two separate charts for the employment based and family based visa preference categories every month:
- Chart 1 - Application Final Action Dates; and
- Chart 2 - Dates for Filing Applications
The "Application Final Action Dates" chart prescribes the dates when visas can be issued to immigrant visa applicants. Immigrant visas will be authorized for issuance only for applicants whose priority date is on or before the cut-off dated listed in the "Application Final Action Dates" chart.
The "Dates for Filing Applications" chart prescribes the earliest dates that applicants may be able to apply for an immigrant visa. Applicants whose priority date is on or before the date listed in the "Dates for Filing Applications" chart will be eligible to assemble and submit the required documents to the National Visa Center (NVC).
USCIS will, each month, post the relevant DOS Visa Bulletin chart that applicants can use to determine when to file their Form I-485, Application to Register Permanent Residence or Adjust Status. Applicants whose priority date is on or before the date on the chart posted by USCIS may file their Adjustment of Status application. As reported above, USCIS has not yet announced which chart may be used in November 2015 for filing applications for Adjustment of Status with USCIS.
Green Card applicants who have a priority date earlier than the cut-off date listed in the relevant Visa Bulletin charts are eligible to apply for Adjustment of Status or an immigrant visa.
Check out the latest visa bulletin for a complete listing of the current cut-off dates and availability of immigrant visa numbers.
Schedule a FREE Case Evaluation with our experienced immigration attorneys if you have any questions about your eligibility for filing an Adjustment of Status or an immigrant visa application.